The Jewel Of Zingalo

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

Deep in the forest of Zingala, a boy called Mark and his brother Leo are trying to find the lost jewel that is their families. Mark and Leo have already faced many monstrous creatures that they have managed to defeat. Mark and Leo were now trying to find the Temple where the jewel is. They now know the Jewel is in the Temple because all the clues they have found have told them that.
Leo and Mark were building shelter for the night ahead, when Leo heard something moving in the bushes. Leo grabbed one of their long swords that they had, then he slowly made his way outside to investigate what made the noise. Leo was now outside. He saw two dark red eyes staring at him in the distance. Then the animal came out of the bushes and tried to kill Leo with his sharp dirty claws. Leo quickly cut of his hand with one heroic slice. Mark was just about to come outside when Leo yelled; “Stay inside, don't come out!”
Then the animal ran back into the bushes never to be seen again.
In the morning Leo and Mark quickly had a can of beans each, then they started packing up there supplies. They walked for what seemed like hours. Then they saw a huge temple covered with vines and moss. On one of the walls of the temple it said:
IN HERE LIES A JEWEL POWERFUL THEN THEM ALL.
A DRAGON PROTECTS IT SCARIER THEN THE REST.
ONLY ENTER IF YOU HAVE NO FEAR AT ALL!
Leo and Mark ignored the sign and entered the temple.
When Leo and Mark entered the temple there were stairs, lots and lots of stairs. Mark and Leo counted the stairs as they walked. When they had finished walking up the stairs they counted 596 stairs. At the top they saw a dragon it was huge and it had thorns, razor sharp claws and teeth. Right in the middle of the temple there was a jewel. It was the most beautiful jewel ever. On the floor Leo and Mark saw bones, lots of bones, the bones were from all the other people who tried many years ago to get the jewel but died horribly. Leo and Mark got out their sword and slowly made their way to the dragon.
Leo and Mark swung their swords from left to right trying to cut the dragon. Leo nearly got killed but Mark saved him by distracting the dragon to give Leo some time to run to safety. In the end Mark was about to be eaten just as he was about to die Mark jabbed the sword into the top of the dragons mouth. The dragon fell to the ground with a loud thud, Leo ran to the jewel, grabbed it and put it in his backpack. Leo and Mark then ran all the way back to the city it took 20 days. They gave the jewel to their parents and their parents couldn't believe that they had found the jewel that had been lost for millions of years. Leo and Mark became legends to the family of Zingalo and ever since then the family were rich and powerful.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!