Dance


The lights were giving me a huge sweat; all I could see is white emptiness shining in my face. The room was quieter than an abanded world.

I thought my arms were going to drop off and fade away to nonexistence!

When would this music start?

Luckily a super hero in my eyes came to my rescue and the music started. This was my chance to show people what I can do, that i am not I normal girl just spinning and jumping. I’m an elegant butterfly gliding through the wind with not only poise but with passion.

When the music finished with a final beat I struck a pose and all I could do was smile. I walked off stage feeling a feeling a feeling that was really peculiar, I had never felt it before. It was proud along with joy beaming from inside.

I went back into the audience and flopped on a super comfy chair, well I think anything I could sit would be comfy for me! I was beyond drained, everywhere in my body!

I was the second last competitor (number 20) and to my luck I got to watch one dance before the winner is communicated to the world! By world I mean the audience!

When this girl came onto the stage, my hope went to knowledge! I knew that I was going to take this competition out like a hair being shaved of a leg. It was obvious.

I was watching this girl like a hawk; she defiantly wasn’t going to place. Her shoulders were up (mine were down), here feet weren’t (mine were) and she was smiling like a shoe that’s lost its soul and tongue.

When her dance was over my anxiousness went over the highest point of the ceiling! It was time for the world to know that I’ve, my difficult practicing would have paid of big time. To have that huge eye-blinding trophy would be magnificent.

When the judges started murmur, I sat up and listened as carefully as I could.

“ Thank you for all your wonderful dancing today, girls. They were spectacular”. Announced the judge.

“You are all winners but we don’t have enough trophies for all of you. Without further endue, highly commended goes to…”

Everyone went soundless, including me.

“Number 21”.

Luckily it wasn’t me.

“Third goes to… number 2”!

My heart was racing 100 Km per second!

“Second goes to number…20”!

What! My heart felt like it just dropped 200 feet. I was supposed to come first; I had it all pictured in my head!

I was fighting back tears of disappointment when I thought life isn’t a fairy tale, everything happens for a purpose.

Maybe that girl who came first had been struck with delight and that made me beyond happy!






FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!