UNBREAKABLE

One bad, bad day in Mexico, the Jelly King and his people were having a jelly bean war against Marshmallow King and his people. It was chaos! Women were fighting women, kids were fighting kids, men were fighting men and the kings were fighting each other. But although Jelly Village looked fine, the Jelly citizens weren’t, the numbers were dropping at high speeds.
Then all of a sudden there was a BANG and jelly exploded everywhere, the Jelly King had just been defeated. The Marshmallows were cheering and their king just stood there looking proud.
The next day the Jellies were banished from Jelly Kingdom. The Jellies made a plan to go on a quest to find Pan, the Lolly God, and ask him to bring back Jelly King. In the afternoon the great heroes were decided. These great heroes were chosen by Grandfather Bob by a test of survival skills. After the ceremony they set out to find Pan.
When they had journeyed out of Jelly Village the heroes were all alone with no childhood adventure memories to guide them now, they were out of home territory. After walking awhile they arrived at a stinky, smelly swamp! DISGUSTING! There were bugs and giants everywhere. What? Giants? But the strange thing was that none of the heroes showed fear, not even the women. The annoying thing was the giants had noticed such small creatures. The giants were now looking at them angrily for trespassing. The heroes tried to walk backwards out of the swamp but the giants, had now formed a circle around them and they were coming closer. Then one of the heroes had an idea. His idea was to pull the giant’s armpit hair to cause a distraction. While the giants were in pain, they all would run out of the swamp and far away. The idea actually worked, they had all run away before the giants realised what had happened.
The next obstacle they had to pass was a bridge but is was no ordinary bridge as under the bridge lived a troll. The troll was the same as any other troll, it asked the heroes a riddle. The riddle was very simple “what colour do you get when you mix yellow with blue”. One of the women answered back straight away with the answer “green”. The troll miserably let them pass.
A few years later the jelly heroes gave up. They had been searching for years now trying to find Pan. They thought he must be tricking them or Pan really just didn’t exist. One day the Jellies settled down for a nap, but unfortunately after all these years the giants had sniffed them out and ate the heroes for dinner. But every Jelly who lives now will know what they had died for.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!