Kidnapped

I was so excited, hopping about; today was my BIRTHDAY party! Opening presents was the first activity on the list. I declared it was time to open my parents’ present to begin. Excitedly, I opened the present but my face dimmed as there were only 3 slips of paper. A rush of colour flooded back into my face as they were cruise tickets, 1 of my 1000 desires.
We boarded ‘The Skelene` (the cruise ship) on the 21th January, one the gloomiest days known in the town of Merrygate. It was raining cats and dogs but I couldn’t stay inside as I’m not an inside person. Stealthily, I slipped out onto the deck.
Suddenly, a pair of arms grabbed, blindfolded and muffled me. I felt myself being carried and thrown upon a hard wooden floor; I was sure I was bruised black and blue all over. Just then I remembered my hands were not tied. I quickly undid the blindfold as I bumped into a slender figure.
There was a dim light coming from a short stub of candle. Scented wax was heavily dripping down it, as the orangey yellow flame was deliquescing the candle. Just before the candle diffused, I was able to catch a glimpse of a girl, around the same age as me, just more wilder.
In a sense, I remembered I had packed my rucksack with torches, candles, matchsticks, food, water, ropes, my mobile phone and many more goods. Eager to find out who the peculiar girl was, I quickly lit up a few candles, placing them in every candle holder in the pitch black but immense cell.
In a few seconds, the cell was as bright as day thanks to my candles. There she was, the wild girl, I took a step forward as she took a step backward. She stammered in a trembling puny voice, “P-p-p-please, d-don’t hu-hurt me.” “Why would I ever hurt you … anyway, who are you?” I asked inquisitively.
“I’m the princess of Arabia, duh what do you think, I’m a commoner just like you!” she answered with more confidence, as a tone of sarcasm bounced off her tongue. “I mean what is your name, my name is Jenny Smith?” I shot back, giving her a ‘owned look`. “My name’s Vera Smith,” she said rather seriously, rolling the syllables around her tongue.
“So we’ve got two Smith sisters ‘ere ah,” said a voice rather mischievously as I spun around cautiously. “Don’t need to look ‘round so cautiously, it’s me, the pirate that kidnapped ye both. I’m the owner of this ship, the name’s Captain Blackbeard anyway two Smit sisters means a lot of ransom,” said Captain Blackbeard as if he’d had a swig of wine.
After Blackbeard had left, Vera thrust a clipping of something in my hand. It read ‘the Smith family is one of the richest families in history` I was dumbfounded! Just then, I remembered I had my $10000000000000000000 credit card which I had wonder how we could afford it. Apparently if you gave Blackbeard the ransom he let you go. I gave Blackbeard my credit card; he let us go safely after he stopped at my village seas.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!