Family Comes First

I look over the horizon as the waves grow larger above my head, I knew there was no going back. Once you make a decision it's like it's locked away forever and it can't be released. For those last few seconds of my life I think of those, the ones I love, first I think of my friends, and how they made me come out here in the first place. Now they're all running for their lives, what's the point? I mean we're all going to be hit by that wave sooner or later. Then I think of my mother. Oh I wish i just had have listened to her, in the first place, and then I wouldn't be here saying my last goodbyes to myself. Mothers words repeat non-stop in my head. "You are not going to the beach, Zoella. You heard what they said on the weather broadcast, it's very windy and cyclones may be heading in over east. Tell your friends no." Then she walked off and said that she wished I'd listen to her sometimes, she said in an angry voice. I just wanted to fit in with all the cool kids, but I guess they're not so cool after all, because now we're all going to die! And lastly I think of my brother Mason, I really don't want to go, I'm meant to take care of him, and be his role model, someone he can look up to, I promised that to my dad when he passed away 6 years ago when mom was pregnant with Mason, when I had just finished 4th grade. I never wished to break that promise between me and my father. Oh why did I have to choose my...Well, wannabe friends, over my family? Well I hope there's a heaven where I can meet them again...Goodbye.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!