Dark Alleyways

Walking down through the dark of an alley, there’s no one but the dogs of the mafia. Through the dark alleys that I call home; just a man that has been through a lot, lives among the underworld of New York.
My name is John Corpsbay I’m 20 years old, the clothes that I wear are torn up and stained with the hardship of my life. This sounds like I’m a bad guy, but your wrong, I’m just a man that’s trying to live through life, in the world with pain and sorrow I like to consider myself strong, but, kind from the outside I look like some back street, black market seller.
Every day I walk around wondering how I can gain some money so I can pay for food to survive. Once I used to be a kick boxer and a willing office worker, until I took a gamble and lost, now I’m living on the streets trying to survive walking around the city looking for something to do. Someone is always in danger from the local muggers and gangs but even when I help someone they treat me like a scum, I never get any gratitude.
As I walk with my head held down and my back hunched over from the rain I heard something I get closer, the sound gets louder it’s a girl around my age being pushed to the ground by 3 officers from the N.Y.P.D. As I stood there grinding my teeth and clenching my fist, my knuckles cracked from the pressure. As a man, that is willing to fight for others that are helpless, I ran with my right fist in the air right up to one of the officers and landed a punch in his face, by doing so his head hit the ground causing him to have a concussion, as he lay on the ground, one of his friends tries to get me from behind launching his fist at me, but he let his guard down. In that instant I gave him a back hand I miss but I clipped his nose, leaving it just hanging off his face. The 3rd guy grabbed his pistol and aimed at me, as he aimed the gun I noticed that he is shivering with fear so much, that he didn’t know what to do, he pulled the trigger the bullet flew right past my head taking some hair, I didn’t flinch; he ran off leaving his friends behind. I approached the girl, she was a bit shaken but didn’t seem to be hurt, I helped her off the ground, she smiled at me and walked away. I wonder if I’ll ever see her again?
Just another day in the dark alley ways I guess...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!