The Three Friends' Adventures

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

In a double story house, one night, Wooley the baby lamb was hanging around with her mother eating grass, at the dinner table. When she went to bed she said to herself, ‘I wonder what it will be like to be out with my friends hanging around?’ She decided that tomorrow night at 9.00pm she would write a note saying: Dear Twitchy Rabbit and Rascal Pup, I want to invite you to Duck Lane Road, Number 8. Thank You. Visit my house tomorrow morning. From Wooley Lamb. She wanted them to have some special time together.
Wooley was waiting all morning for them. Finally Twitchy turned up with $5.00 and Rascal turned up with $30.00. "Why did you come with money?" Wooley asked. "Because I thought we might be going out with you somewhere like a restaurant" replied Rascal. "Yeah, me too" Twitchy said loudly, "Can we count how much we have?" "Sure, I'm the best at counting money" said Twitchy, "We have $35.00 right?" she said in a high pitched voice. "I don't know, you counted it, plus I'm not good at counting money" said Rascal and Wooley both at the same time. "Here" said Wooley, "Follow me." She said "We're going on an adventure." They walked and walked, soon Rascal had to carry Wooley. They went into the woods, came out and came to the Crystal River.
They did bring their food and picnic and rolled out the picnic blanket. They also brought their bathers and jumped into the Crystal River. Once they had, had a dip, they ate some honey and banana sandwiches, ate some chocolate chip cookies and a strawberry cake. When they all said that they were full, they went through the woods again and came down Duck Lane to number 8.
When they left Wooley went out of the house for a wander. She saw something shiny, black and grey. It was a rhinoceros. It opened its wide jaws and saw Wooley. Wooley ran as fast as she could but the rhino was very, very big. It was much bigger than her and the rhino swallowed her up! That night Wooley had to sleep in the rhino's belly and she didn't feel well. The next morning Wooley was still asleep in the rhino's tummy, but after the rhino had run around he needed to poop. When he pooped Wooley came out and she ran home.
Since she was dirty, she had a bath and she was sparkling clean. Wooley learnt her lesson and won't be sneaking out with her friends as the big Rhino really scared her when she was being chased. After that they lived happily ever after in their double story house.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!