The Wonderful World Of 4C At St Paul's

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

4C is a super natural class in a super natural school called St Paul’s. But there are lots of not so super natural things happen here. Normally schools do stuff like maths and thrass but St Paul's once had spies come to the school because it needed to hide from an evil scientist.
Today Mr Carter got a new guitar pick, but when he played...nothing happened except a little gleam of the pick. But at recess everybody started to feel funny. All of a sudden everyone started to do the subject they were doing like a professional. Ava started to play the violin like a person from an orchestra. Sophie and Charlotte started to play the piano like a concert pianist. Rhys started to play rugby like George Gregan. Luca won a Noble prize for the best invention, a flying machine to be exact. And I started to sing like Lady Ga Ga.
Since most people in 4C were singing and playing an instrument the rest of the school thought it was the music to go back to class. The teachers even went back to class, but when the bell went we stopped and rushed back to class. When we go back everyone was talking about what happened at recess. The boys didn't mind, but the girls were flabbergasted. Sophie said she was so amazed she nearly wet herself! I said that I was so amazed that I got goose bumps.
When it was a few minutes before lunch Mr Carter played the guitar with the same pick. Like the last time, it failed to do something. But at lunch the ground shook then dragons appeared in the sky with a piece of paper tied to each of their necks. Each dragon was looking for a particular person. When all the dragons were with their person I saw a charcoal coloured dragon and a little dragon. When they saw me they ran up and nudged me like a cat. I ripped the papers from them and both papers said: This dragon belongs to Miss Sienna Foltin. Ok I thought to myself. Then the bell went and the dragons disappeared. For the rest of the day no-one spoke.
Just before the bell Mr Carter played his guitar again. We all tried to cover our ears but it was too late. We all started to dance. Some people did a jig, while other people did break dancing. I did country style. All of a sudden the bell went and everyone got a card from Mr Carter saying we were the best dancers ever! I smiled to myself. While Mum was driving me home she asked me "How was your day?" I said "Well I don't know where to begin."
So that's the story off Mr Carter and his magic guitar pick. Don't believe me?
Maybe you can say I have an over active imagination.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!