My Hero

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

I would like to tell you about a special person in my life, that person is my dad. My dad always encourages me to try new things even if I don’t know how to do it. He always says “have a go and try to do your best”. My dad is always here for me and when I do something wrong he always explains to me that what I did was wrong but if I learnt from it I won’t do it again. He always tells me to tell the truth because if you lie it just makes things worse. Dad always listens to me when I try to explain it to him when I do something wrong. He never just yells at me and that makes me really happy. My dad helps me all the time and never complains, he just says that’s what dads are here for.
Sometimes people tell me I am just like my dad and that makes me so happy. Recently my dad went in The Wests Cycle Classic Bike Ride and even though he hadn’t done it before, he remembered what he always says to me about always having a go. Dad said when he got tired or felt like he wanted to stop he would just have to think of me and that would be enough to make him keep going dad rode 280 kilometres in 4 days and even though he was very sore he was happy he finished the ride and didn’t give up. My dad really is my hero and I love him.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!