Adventures Of Jelly Land

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

Once upon a time there lived a boy named Jack. He only lived with his mum because his dad died when jack was just 2 years old. One day Jacks mother, Mary was going for a walk when suddenly an enormous bird comes walking down the street. It smashed all the trees, houses and buildings. When the bird walked past Mary, it dropped two enormous feathers near her. She picked up the feathers and put one on each arm. She stared to flap and flap until her feet lifted off the ground. She went up above the clouds. After a while suddenly a storm came it broke the features into pieces, Mary fell and fell… until she landed on a jelly house! She was in Jelly Land! Mary loved jelly so much that she ate all the jelly houses. The Jelly people got angry and started chasing Mary around jelly land, Mary was very slow because she had eaten too much jelly. Luckily Mary hid in a jelly cave where the jelly people couldn’t see her. Everyone was looking and looking for Mary for 10 minutes then they finally gave up and went to the jelly kingdom (because their jelly houses were gone). Mary got out of her hiding spot and ran for it. She went to another jelly cave and saw a sick bird. It was the enormous bird that Mary had seen earlier. He saw blood dripping out of the birds head. She quickly ran out of the cave and got some jelly leafs and held it on the birds head for a while. The bird groaned and cried in pain but Mary had to make sure the bird got better and was alright. After a few minutes the blood stopped flowing out and the bird was healed. Mary thought who had hurt the poor bird or the thing had to be big because the hurt bird was huge. She was frightened to also get hurt so the bird kindly offered Mary a free fly back to her home. As the bird was taking Mary home she saw a black figure in the distance. It seemed to get bigger and closer free quickly. Mary tried to warn the bird but it didn’t seem to notice at all. Mary had no idea what to do. It started making a loud banging and squawking sound. The bird turned and looked very frightened and realised what it was. The bird flew faster and faster so fast when the wind hit my face it felt like knifes. Mary started thinking who it might have been, not the jelly people or a plane. It was the thing that hurt the bird. She started getting scared herself the birds wounds were pretty bad. Mary could already see her house from up in the clouds. But the bird never realised it just kept flying very fast along with the black figure still chasing them. Mary had no choice but to jump from the birds back.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!