The Fall Of Zethros

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

The galaxy of Zethros was under attack by Farras invaders. The cutthroat invaders were ruthless and took no prisoners. The invaders were starting a war.
They were invading another galaxy to add to their empire. Farras warriors were as big as T-rexes and were not very agile. They were tanks of inhalation! They carried a spear and shield like the Spartan warriors. They wore a tunic and cape.
The Zethros forces were a little smaller but much smarter than the thoughtless invaders and because of this all the Farras warriors were occupied and the battle would rage on for a long time before the invaders left, but the invaders had a secret, they had hyper cannon. A hyper cannon shut down every power system in the range. The ship readied to fire the cannon then...
BOOM!
The cannon fired and the power of the city weapons turned off and the invaders charged. The galaxy of Zethros was a big galaxy so it would take about 3 days to conquer the whole galaxy. The galaxy needed a hero, it had to be a brave citizen because the Farras knew all the known heroes of the galaxy.
The Zethros king was deciding how he would choose the right hero when he remembered the magical gauntlet. It had chosen all the Zethros heroes so far so it would now choose again. The king arranged a public meeting to choose the hero.
The meeting was tense and after the king explained what had to happen he started the search, everyone was tense and after a while the gauntlet led the king to a boy named Zac who was about the age of 13. He was slender and he wore a tunic and a rough leather shirt. The king was surprised by the gauntlet’s choice but he knew that the gauntlet was never wrong, so he told the boy his mission: destroy the hyper cannon.
He set off at first dawn the next day with a plutonium sword, magical shield and space horse (to get there quickly). The galaxy of Zethros wasn’t like other galaxies where there were lots of planets it was a huge planet full of different colonies. Some colonies were more hostile than others; he had to be very careful.
Afters days of traveling Zac found the mother ship, he had to destroy it! It was full of weapons so Zac placed hyper disc which cut off all the power. The invaders were confused by what had happened but Zac knew that they would find out soon so he quickly crept into the ship’s hull.
He had to plant the galactic bomb before they found out that he was there. Oh no they had found him he wouldn’t make it out but he had to save his Galaxy and free the other imprisoned galaxies so he planted the bomb and set it to blow.
“For Zethros!” He cried and the bomb ticked its final ticks and exploded.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!