It's Not So Bad

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

The Skywalk, 300 metres of structured bridge through the top of a rainforest canopy and a 40 metre long Skywalk Cantilever soaring 30 metres over the creek below. A popular sightseeing and tourist destination.
I walked like a shrew shivering in sheer fright as though confronted by a felonious falcon. We were on the Skywalk, only metres from the start. Halfway across the bridge, the faint rush of water made even the bridge scared. It was terrifying. The trembling bridge and the combined sounds of wind and rushing water was more than plain alarming.
Three metres, two metres, one metre, finally, safe ground! I was relieved by the fact that I had reached solid ground. Arrows lit the way. The gravel and dirt tracks varied between wide and narrow as the growth of trees affected it. In one spot, tree roots overhung –and were tied together- to create a natural archway. Walking through the never-ending forest with a green and brown mottled archway, swaying over one’s head when being walked through was magical.
The grey-clad rocks, almost one metre cubed, at the end of the Skywalk, were definitely big enough to rest on. The waterfall, with about three tiers, was beautiful; the water trickling and splashing. At the end, one would be able to hear the sound of water crashing into the final pool.
On the way back, there was a lookout, and, at the lookout, the view of the broccoli like treetops and palms making slight shadows on the forest floor, was stupendous… It was great! The shadow drenched forest floor and the metal bridge swayed gently as the blinding, white clouds explored the top of the secret-whispering trees.
I took so many photos of flowers, rocks and trees as well as water trickling, splashing and adding to the small pools at the bottom of mini waterfalls.
It wasn’t bad. A lot better than what I had thought it to be. Although the rain ruined the rest of the day, it was great. Definitely an activity I would do again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!