A Boy, A Dream And A Ravine

Someone had told me when I was younger, I could grow up to be someone different, like a leader or someone to help show the world it wasn't just us out in the billions of galaxies out there. I liked the sound of that so I did something about it. Everyday after a hard day at high school being the kid I was it was hard for me to get around as bullies would always catch up to me and call me names. I liked to call my self quirky and special, although that sounds stupid and a bit idiotic I didn't care because that's who I was. I would usually ride home on a path that was full of insects and animals that had funny names. I loved it, I would usually stop for a quick break and eat anything I had spare from lunch but one day I decided not to and I chose the right moment. After my usual quick snack I would usually head to the highest hill and grab my binoculars out. But this time I when to the plains. Most days I would stay out there until late and get shouted at when I get home. But that didn't matter because when I was there it made me feel like I was the only person in the world and a thick warm blanket would cover me. At times I would just laugh for no reason as I loved it and every second of it. You may think having no friends to share this special moment could be quite boring but it isn't I have the stars and what ever lives in the skies to share it with me. Sometimes I find a shooting star and make a wish to hope one day I can be something known globally. Not the weird kid who takes his binoculars everywhere he goes. Although I had hint that this wasn't going to happen so I decided to do something, I chased after it. I chased after a shooting star. I didn't care who saw me or if I doubted my self in doing so I just ran, ran like a cheetah catching its prey but I was the cheetah and the star was my prey. But who knew that all this could lead to a fractured leg and two days in mother natures own solitaire confinement down in a ravine. When I had first fell down I was in agonising pain which lead to mood swings thinking that I wouldn't be able to get out alive. So I slept, slept like I was in a coma and woke up early the next morning. And I continued this for another day, it was hard work being a cheetah. It had been 2 days after I woke up without electricity or company although company was what I least needed right now. I don't want to worry about anyone else but me, I know it sounds greedy but I can't really change my mind when I'm stuck down in a ravine. I needed to do something for food and my own survival. I felt thirsty and my head was throbbing like I had smashed a rock into it as I was falling. Bruises covered my legs and when ever I would pick my self up I would fall back down. I needed an idea. Then that's when it came to me, what if I didn't have an idea. What if I was lazy and didn't think at all. I tried this and you'll guess what happened. Something amazing happened.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!