CAKE!!!!

Cake!!!

As I walk towards the homemade cake I lick my lips and clutch the knife tighter in my hand. The cake is a delectable vanilla cream cake and it was cooked to fluffy perfection, just sitting there silently begging me to plunge the knife through its cream filled center. Pressing the tip of the knife blade to the middle of the top layer of unimaginable flavour I apply pressure and the cream oozes out onto the plate as I remove the freshly cut piece of cake and place it on a fresh plate I am yet again licking my lips and saying “yum”. I carry my plate to the table, careful not to topple the cake and warily set it down. My mum calls me away and I silently curse her for delaying the consumption of the slice of heaven that awaits its journey to my mouth. When I walk to mums bedroom to find out she has fixed her problem by herself and she does not need my help I find myself yet again cursing her silently. Now, there will be be no more delays for the matter of eating the cake because I have picked the cake up so rest between my fingers, my mouth open wide, slowly I bring the cake up to my mouth and realize I am missing one vital ingredient, I carefully put the cake back on the plate and rush to the cupboard to grab the icing sugar so I can sprinkle some on top of the cake to add extra flavour. Once again raising the cake to my mouth I slowly sink my teeth through the tasty treat all the while thinking that this is what the food of gods must taste like and blessing my mum for baking the mother of all flavour, the best cake the world has ever seen. Now, must have more, get out of here and let me eat!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!