Its Eyes Pierced Mine

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition


A hazy silhouette hid beyond the clouds. It gave enough light to see its outline which trailed me to the branch of the tree it had gripped onto. Its eyes, so daring and wicked stood out from its shadow. I was sinking in the saturated sand of the beach. I could hear the waves pounding against the rocks, and I could taste the sea salt on the brim of my lips. I knew where I was but I didn’t sense what that daunting mist was or who it belonged to.

Its eyes grew bolder, I was drawn to my reflection deep within in them. If I would twist my head, my pupils wouldn’t move at all. Those eyes were so commanding it felt as though mine were being controlled. My eyes started to fill with tears, they felt like clouds trickling and making wet slots in the sand. Frigid lines were practically covering most of its striking eyes, it must have been its eyelashes, I assumed hastily.

I ultimately take my first action. I was edgy and tense, fearful and nervous. My throat felt narrow and as if it was about to lock. Sweat drops crawl down my back. I’ve never been this hysterical before. I took my feet out of the sand I had sunk into and I immediately got out of its way. It didn’t have its piercing eyes on me anymore, but now its prolonged staring was looking behind me. I was too agitated to see what its eyes had been looking at for so long, just in case there was another attracting evil thing there. But I couldn’t help myself. I glanced over my shoulder, my ears caught the sound of my breath. The exact same creature in front of me was behind me….I had seen an owl beneath the full dreary moon.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!