Magic Lightning

I’m lying in my bed thinking about the bad day at school I had. I don’t have many friends because I’m quite shy. I can hear the gentle sound of the rain pita patter on my roof. It reminded me of the time 9 years ago when a big storm hit our town. I was in bed and my poppa was in the lounge watching television. My mum and my brother were out in the car on the way to get milk, when suddenly lightning hit their car. Their funeral was most upsetting for me, as we were very close.
‘CRACK!’ lightning hit our roof and jolts me back to today as I realize that the rain has gotten heavier. I jump up out of bed and look out my window. I see another bolt of lightning hit my school uniform. Lightning now freaks me out; I’m glad that I wasn’t outside. I hop off the school bus ready for another boring day at school. As I walk to my classroom I wonder why so many people have been smiling and saying hi to me. How do they even know my name?
In class time, Mrs. Jackson asks if anyone would like to tell the class about their weekend. Straight away I chuck my hand up in the air. Surprised, Mrs. Jackson said “Oh, Amy, would you like to come up and tell the class about your weekend?” Before I new it, I had the whole class rolling around in stitches. “Wow where did that come from?” I ask myself. At lunch time as I’m walking over to my usual spot by myself, a group of girls asked it they could sit with me. Shocked but excited I answered of course. I find myself talking to them easily and not being my usual shy shelf. By the end of the day I have been invited to five people’s houses and have over three phone numbers. I then realized that before my uniform got hit by lightning I was shy and unpopular. I get into bed when it starts raining heavily again. I get up again to shut my bedroom window when I see lightning hit my netball. I’m not scared of lighting any more.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!