Kidnapped


"Come on Kate hurry up, they are gonna find out we escaped" I whisper to my best friend, "if they find out they will kill us",
"They escaped!" The man yells
We bolt for our lives, we have no clue where in the world we are.
BANG! I look at Kate the bullet just grazed her thigh, tears are running down her innocent face. BANG! Pain shoots through my arm, I'm hit, it's absolutely painful, no 13 year old should have to go through this kind of pain, well at least I think we are 13, I don't know how long it's been but, it has felt like a life time.
"Jasmine this way I hear cars!" Kate calls to me, I run to her as she points out the high way. We walk in the direction of the traffic and hope it will lead us some where.
"How long do you think we have been walking for?" Asks Kate
"Um I'm not sure, 6 hours maybe", I reply
"Its getting dark, and we are in the middle of no where, and we don't even know if we are in an english speaking country", Kate says, trying to choke back her tears.
Just then we hear a car, but instead of just passing by it starts slowing, Kate and I look at each other and start running, a man gets out of the drivers side and calls out to us
"Wait, I work for the police I can help you!" Kate stops in her tracks
"Kate what are you doing?" I ask her "are you insane?"
"We can trust them," Kate answers, with confidence
"How can you be sure?" I ask, wearily
"Because if they wanted to kill us they would have already and he said he works for the police, if you don't trust them you can keep running," she tells me sounding even more confident.
"I'm not leaving you, so I'm coming and if I get killed at least it will be with my best friend" I say wearily. Kate smiles and we approach the man.
"Who are you? let me see your badges" Kate demands
"What happened to trusting them?" I ask her jokingly, she just smiles
"You're bleeding," says the lady in the car,
"We work for the NYPD," says the man,
"What country are we in?" I ask,
"United States of America, why?" Replies the man. Kate and I look at each other and smile
"Where exactly in the U.S.?" Kate asks trying to hold back her smile,
"New York", says the lady "we can take you back there, and we can get you a doctor",
"Ok, but prove to us that you are police"
"I'm Emma by the way and this is Steve", says the lady in a friendly tone,
"Yeah, yeah great to know, now badges", I say to them demandingly,
"See look," says Steve showing us the badges.
Kate walks and opens the car door and says "shall we", in a jokingly way with a cheeky smile on her face. I walk and get in the car, then she gets in. Steve and Emma get in, they FaceTime in car.
"Thats so cool", Kate says excitedly, "what year is this?" She asks still amused.
" 2014, what year did you get kidnapped?" Asks Steve
"Middle of last year, we were walking to the beach." I say staring at the Face timing screen, its really cool because it's built into the car.
"What country are you from?" Emma asks
"Australia", Kate and I say in unison, then we start laughing.
When we get to the NYPD precinct, we get stitched and bandaged up, we sit down at a desk. We start talking waiting for someone to talk to us. After about 2 minutes Steve comes and sits down.
"What are your names?" he asks us curiously,
"I'm Jasmine and this is Kate", I reply, smiling at him. Then Emma comes, grabs a chair and asks
"What about your last names?"
"My last name is Stallone and hers is Phillips" I answer, he writes it down, "why",
"Because they don't believe us" Kate responds in a joking way.
"Ok fair enough, I mean after we do sound pretty insane", I say smiling, joking around.
"Ok thank-you, we will be back", Steve says as he stands up.
Kate and I talk for a while, when Steve comes back, his face looks astonished, almost like he has seen a ghost.
"What?" I ask him
He swallows and replies, "there's no record of you two ever existing" Kate and I look at each other then back at him, "ever. Whoever your abductors were they must have erased any evidence of you so the police wouldn't look for you, we will still look for your abductors, but we have notified the child services, they will take you to an orphanage, then they will arrange a foster home. I requested for you to stay together. I'm sorry." He gives us a card and says, "this is my card, call me if you ever need anything, my phone is always on." He walks away, I look at Kate, her eyes watering, staring off into the distance, trying to hold back the tears. I'm not sure how I can cheer her up.
A few months pass, Kate and I have been many different foster homes and we have managed to stay together so far. We have been trying to find our families, or at least a photo of us but not much. We are getting closer to finding or families, we know they are out there and we have already written a letter, we just have to find an address. We have made many phone calls and written many letters. Kate and I have made a new, joined Instagram and Facebook accounts to try find something.
"I FOUND THEM!" Kate yells, with excitement,
"What to you mean you found them? Found who?", I answer enthusiastically,
"Hannah and Liam", she replies with a big smile on her face. Hannah is one of her little sisters she, and Liam is one of my younger brothers.
"On Grace's Instagram account she posted her out side the school and Hannah and Liam were talking in the background", she tells me joyfully.
"Ok thats great we can put their names on it but send it to the school, then the school would give it to them", I say with hope "and the letters have our phone numbers, right?"
"Yeh they do", replies Kate
We walk to the post office and post the letter. We tell Steve about it and he is astonished. About two weeks later, I get a call. It's Liam,
"Hi I got a letter in the mail, it had this number on there and that sounds so creepy. Oh well but this going to sound really strange but what's your name?" He asks
"My name is Jasmine", I reply, "is this Liam?" I ask with hope and uncertainty.
"Yes, What's your last name?" He asks
"Stallone", I answer back with confidence and joy
"It's really you!", he says with excitement "I'm putting you on speaker, so you can talk to everyone." By everyone he means my other 5 brothers and dad.
We talk for ages, we give each other email addresses, phone numbers, and other things so we can keep in contact and so I can arrange a flight home. Not long after my phone call with the family Kate gets one, they do the same.
Our families some how get in contact with Steve and Emma and they arrange for our families to come to New York to see us for the first time, in about eighteen months, it was the best time of our lives. After a few months we are finally allowed to go back to Australia and live with our families.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!