Baby Sitting

I got home from school and threw my stuff down at the front door. My shoes made a loud clunk, which usually made my mother aware I was home. But she wasn't. I go into the kitchen a fix up something for afternoon tea. Half an hour later, mum was still not home. I decided to call her, and I was relieved when she picked up.
"Hey mum, was just curious to where you are."
"Oh sorry, I must have forgot to leave a note. Guess what? I have found you a part time job!" she told me.
"Really? What is it?"
"Your now officially a baby sitter!"
I thought, "mum, you got to be kidding me". There is no worse job than looking after barfing, screaming, crying and crazy little kids. That day mum got home, and told me what would happen if I baby-sitted her friends brothers uncles nephews children.

Two weeks later, I tried it out, and hated it. There was a little year 2 named George and all he wanted to do was play with his new Jack Russell puppy, which hated me. That puppy literally thought I was the devil. It would run away whenever I tried to touch it, it would surprise be by jabbing its claws into my leg. Next I had to make the little things dinner. The dog ate anything, so I tried to feed it George, but the kid found out what I was trying to do and just laughed.
"Feed me Mc Donald's!" he cried.
I didn't have any Mc Donald's, so I had to feed him toast. He didn't have a problem.
George's father finally decided to return home (for some reason). He paid me $5.
"Wow!" I said. " I could make a living!"

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!