Untitled

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

Long ago there was a woman in the town of Golden Soap. She was said to be another ordinary woman with the same ordinary life. But oh no for those who said that were dead wrong. The woman was twenty one and was all alone. Her parents had died four years ago and she had no siblings, and thus she had spent many years in an orphanage. It wasn’t like olden times it was fine playing with other kids though not many were seventeen, she didn’t have to work like kids used to. And most of the people who worked there were nice. After she turned twenty she was told to leave the orphanage. Times have been rough since then. I have been living on the streets for an entire year. There is barely any food in the rubbish cans. Every once in a while I find a coin on the ground but I can’t buy anything with it. I save up but then it usually is only enough for a packet of breath mints. I’m getting skinnier and skinnier if someone doesn’t help me soon I could die. Now that people are getting greedy there is barely any food in rubbish cans then before, nothing I need. The street I live in is now a crumpled piece of cement. There is no place for me here. I have been thinking of moving somewhere else for a while I now see that is the path for me. After a long week of walking I begin to get weak. I have finally made it to another town but it’s not much better than the last I can’t keep switching towns this must be the one I stay in I won’t have enough energy to move anyway. I see the blazing sun ahead of me setting I decide to rest my head on a rock I saw. I covered it in leaves to soften it ,it’s not much of a difference. The next day I woke up at the crack of dawn and start to think about my parents, I sob helplessly I’m hungry my parents and everything else I’ve ever loved is gone! I shouted at the top of my lungs luckily no one was awaken. Though I was awake I was wide awake things couldn’t seem to get any worse. I sat with my face I my dried cracked palms as tears trickled down my face. A few minutes later my stomach growled. After all I had been through once again I burst with anger. I started throwing an unbelievable tantrum, I kicked rocks threw dirt and punched trees. After I was done I noticed a crowd of people staring with confused and worried eyes.” WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT!” I screamed. All of them turned and went back to their houses. I went back to my rock and sat. Then someone came over to me and spoke kindly a man. And we have been happily together ever since then.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!