Dawn Arises

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

Dawn awakens, he calls to me to end my eternal slumber.
I rebuke Dawn and his motives, I seek the life of rest and respite.
But dawn is tenacious and taunts me with my parched throat and brimful bladder.
I struggle to resist Dawn and his force, but he persists, this time he sends beams of blinding sunlight directed at me, bathing me in warmth.
His attempts at persuasion are effective, but I am battle-scared, his illusion shan't arise me from my chambers.
The battle is square but Dawn has powerful allies.
He has my forebearer in his faction. Her voice pierces my ears as she calls for me to spring and feast upon my morning meal.
My battle is lost, 'twas inevitable. Victory is awarded to Dawn, for I surrender, I mustn't prolong the inferno in my forebearer any longer.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!