The Arch Mage

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

Deep within the enchanted forest of Nivela, lived a beast that everyone thought to be a myth, a beast so ferocious, knights would run in terror, villagers would scream in fright and the King, the mighty ruler of Wynn, would hide deep within Fort Ragni. The beasts shining scales would reflect the sun leaving deep shadows in his wake. His purple scales and bright red claws would strike fear in all who opposed him. His great wing so powerful they could summon a blizzard at the top of Nemract Mountain, his name was Maltok, Destroyer of civilisations. He was the godfather of all dragons.
“I will save the kingdoms from Maltok the godfather dragon” said the Protector of Wynn, the Arch Mage; he could sense Maltok’s awakening and his plans.
Meanwhile at Fort Ragni, in the Arch Mages tower, lurking in the darkness was the ghost of Time Canyon. Its fangs would glisten in the dim light, its blood red robes swaying as it moved across the room, the ghost was the only thing more feared than Maltok, it was said that just by gazing into the ghosts eyes you would crumble into dust, your soul forever being lost inside the ghost making it more powerful and more indestructible. But, the ghost had a weakness. The weakness was the Mages book of spells, the source of all the Mages power, with the book the he could make meteors rain from the sky, create a great serpent made of ice, teleport moving from place to place and even heal himself and others whenever in need. But without the book the Arch Mage was powerless. This is also why the ghost wanted it; with the book the ghost would be able to do all these things… and more.
Back in the forest Maltok was waking from his 1000 year slumber. Ready to wreak havoc all through the Kingdom of Wynn then through to the Province of Gavel then after all of this Maltok would destroy the gods. And he would start all of this by destroying Ragni.
Back in the Arch Mages tower the ghost of Time Canyon was about to reach out and steal the book, but as the ghost touched it a magical seal threw him back into the wall leaving cracks, suddenly the Mage teleported in leaving a blazing trail behind him. “You!” he shouted as his robes suddenly ignited and he darted at the ghost. The ghost was expecting such an attack and cast a magical ward extinguishing the Mages robes revealing blue fabrics with a golden hem. The Mage made a giant ice serpent that sped towards the ghost freezing it solid. The ghost defenceless for a few seconds Mage Hurled blazing smoke at the ghost hoping to melt the ice before… The ghost’s icy enclosure exploded hurling shards of magical ice in all directions! The Mage cast a fiery wall in front of him bouncing the ice back at the ghost. “Now to deal with Maltok”…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!