Magic In A World

Every single door led to another world. We stepped through the nearest one…
Everything went black and there was a high pitch scream echoing through the portal. I turn to see objects flying past each other and crashing against the tunnel walls. The gravity was turned completely off as we were floating in mid air. The passage way came to a complete stop and we dropped from the sky like a book being thrown off a staircase. The dark room encased us as we slowly stand up. “You okay?” I ask, dusting off the dirt off my jacket. “Yeah,” Ivy coughed out, still bending over. We stayed silent for the next five minutes. Then we began to walk slowly through the arched doorway, that lead us to a place that we have never seen before…
We stood still in amazement as creatures fly past and scurry beneath our feet. “I think it’s a world that is used in fairy tales or something.” I breathe out as I stare at the land we have come across. We scanned the area, we found a stone pathway leading somewhere. “Aiden, there’s a pathway!” Ivy shouted as she ran ahead. We followed the pathway for about an hour then it came to a complete stop. We looked around for a sign or another pathway, but nothing was there. It started to become dark, and we were here with no tools, no camping gear, and no food.
We listened to the different sounds in the distant. Different sounds approached us as we walked around in circles for a couple of minutes. It got darker and darker in the starry night sky. “Maybe we should climb that tree to get a better look at the land.” I wondered out loud. We started to climb up a big oak tree, and then finally reached the top. We only could see darkness. “Now what?” Ivy whispered. Now what? It’s dark and it’s cold and we are in a tree. No light, no food and no tent. “Well maybe we should stay here until first light?” I say looking around for a cottage. We started to fall asleep way up in the tree around 8pm just by guessing. It was scary because what if one of us falls off. That would be a big problem. First light appeared in the morning and we woke up with a start. After we climbed down the tree, we walked towards a lake. Ivy knelt down and cupped her hands and drank the water, then she stood up again and spat out – “Do you still have those rings the Portal Master gave you.” “Yeah why?” I questioned. “Didn’t he say that they could transport us back?” Ivy asked. I forgot about that. All the drama about the pathway and sleeping in that big oak tee that I just forgot about it. We slipped on the rings and the portal reopened in front of us, we stepped inside it and the world went blank.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!