Sad Sole Part One

This one time in history were we should all regret. Aboriginals being slaved because of their colour. They were slaves and were whipped with a leather straps if one thing was done wrong. We all know about those poor innocent soles that were treated curly in 1888. But there is one young girl that survived it all.
Sophia, she was born into a family of five. Trinkle ( her mum) Mohamad ( her dad) Tresy( her older sister) and Fresel her younger brother. Sophia loved playing outside she went outside on the red soil to play with the tin can on the rocks. Sophia woke up with a bad feeling in her stomach and she had a bad feeling as if something was going to happen. A man in a wagon can speeding over the rocks. Trinkle saw the man coming and gather her kids inside. Sophia knew there was no were to run.
Trinkle huddled her kids under some cloth to hide. Mohamad new what to do. He went up to the man and asked what he was doing but the man was to firs he hit the father and he fell. Everyone got even more worried than before. The man kicked down the door and snatched the three kids out of the mothers arms and she tried to grab them back Sophia gave up she knew there was no were to hide. She didn’t have a choice but to give herself up and she got in the back. She got taken with her sister and brother and all you could hear is moaning from the mother. The father was killed so it was clear to say that she lost everything.
She got to the slave camp and got bought by a man and only she and an older man was chosen. Sophia cried as she got pulled from her only family that she had left. Her brother and sister wouldn’t let go and they got a minute to say goodbye and a last time together. “We can make it. In two weeks or whenever we get the chance we run. With tears down her cheeks she said goodbye and started work. She got to work and did her best but it never was. She was too young to get the whip so she got smacked all over so it would feel bad and it will punish her. She tried through all the jobs she did and she stared to get the hang of being a good slave. Until one day she got news, bad news that she didn’t want to hear.” Sophia, unfortunately your sister and brother were so bad that they got wiped to death.” Said the governor. Sophia dropped to her knees with tears running down her face. She was so excited to run home and see her brother and sister again but it was not possible any more.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!