Falling

“Mum are we there yet”. No Michael, “but i'm just so excited to get to Australia “well weren't you happy living in Italy”” yeah I was. But I've always wanted to live in a hot peaceful and relaxing place”.
Fresh air finally and this is why I wanted to move. I love the housel and the busell of Australia. Looking around I could see a frustrated old couple charging toward us “grandma grandpa” my little sister screams “hello beautiful little girl” grandma says “mum,dad are we staying with grandma and grandpa” “yep because its closer to your new school which is right next door to grandma and grandpa's house”, “the house smells like a gingerbread house” “yeah I know it’s because I made a fresh new delicious batch this morning.
“Mum can't just jump back into the car “no you can't mum. Said Walking into my new school gates my stomach is going crazy my mind is telling me that this is not a good idea , until RING,RING,RING the bell goes my first class of secondary school. I walk into my new classroom it looks as old as my grandpa an it stunk like old prawns, ok class we have a test, I started to feel anxious the teacher placed the white piece of paper on my hard wooden desk my hand is shaking of fear, I finally finished my test your score will be handed back to you tomorrow Mrs recount exclaimed.
The day had come for our test scores to come. Back. I am sitting at my desk with my fingers squeezed over the edge of the desk. The teacher slams the sheet on the hard desk; I slowly lift the sheet up “what an f, oh no what am I going to tell my parents. I drag my feet into the house with the test piece of paper in my right hand, I give the piece of paper to my dad, he looks at it and says “what does F mean”, I quickly made up something “it means fabulous” oh bravo bravo son” “thank you dad” ”guess what son we have parent teacher interviews tomorrow and I can show them how proud I am for you” oh no he’s going to find out I was lying he’s going to kill me. I nervously stumble, into the parent teacher interview, and the bad thing was he even brought the test to the interview, “so Mr McGuire my teacher said sadly your son has failed the test” “no he didn't” “he got and F which means that he failed”, my dad looked at me like you're grounded and he also looked disappointed.
It was a silent drive home he didn't he didn't speak until he calmly said you're “grounded, and you're not allowed to go anywhere for one month” “okay dad i'm really sorry”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!