The Weirdest Thing Happened To Me

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition




One dark, hailing, stormy night, my white Sony alarm-clock struck 11:11. Suddenly, I woke up, got out of bed only to find myself in a room of Panthers and Anacondas, slithering through my cupboards, shelves and draws, strangling my bed’s thick legs, climbing to the top. I screamed, “MUM, MUM” and ran like crazy through all the snakes. I got to the door, flung it open and screamed and shouted, “HELP” only to find myself in a hallway full of nuclear missiles with numerous different numbers and colours all over them. I looked all around this hallway and guess what… I heard beeping and I thought it could only have been one thing… a detonator bomb. I shouted, but I was in a room of missiles, so it would have been soundproofed… I had to face it, I was going to die.
I waited a few seconds and then it got louder. I had so many questions flowing around my head and then of all moments, the door flung open and an army troop of about eleven people ran in, locating the bomb and trying to find a way to stop it. The door was closing, and fast, so I sneaked around and finally got out. I was in a room of office doors leading off to different places, probably with windy hallways, leading nowhere. I had it all in my mind, it was a challenge. Somebody was challenging me to survive all of this.
Suddenly one of the doors swung open and a bunch of vultures swung in. They were flying all around… I knew if I didn’t escape I would die. I opened every single door, hoping for an exit. I peered through the last door, finding a fork in the hallway. I took my chances and went straight down the middle. There was a nice door, with a date marked on it, reading 11-4-1801. This must have been a door leading to this time, so I swung it open only to find myself in my downstairs lavatory, with my dog, bird, sister, mother and my father. It was quite small in there, so I was very crammed. I peered around to see if anything was different, but I had not seen the fishbowl, squeezed in the corner of the sink’s bench. I asked mum, “What’s going on?!” and mum answered, “There is an earthquake about to hit town.” Mum had also managed to fit food supplies for around fifty days in too. All of a sudden, there was a blackout in my eyes and I couldn’t see a thing. I was in another world. Then…I woke up only to find it was a dream!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!