Family Blood

"Run!" Maddy yelled. the boy stood there staring at her while she sprinted with unnatural speed towards him. "Go!" she said giving him a shove. The boy blinked as if coming out of a daze, turned and sprinted as fast as he could away from her. Maddy nodded in satisfaction as she turned to face her opponent.
His hair was long and his clothes were ripped up so much they barely covered his body. Even from this distance, Maddy could see his his bright green eyes. He was tall and muscled. As she looked at him, she felt a spark of fear.
He smiled in a weird, crooked way and Maddy wondered why. She gave a feral snarl from the back of her throat.
The man tilted his head to the side, that smile fading and becoming sad. He got down to his knees and lowered his eyes. When he spoke, his voice was husky. "Please," he said. "Please, I only came for my daughter. Her name is Madeline Smith."
Maddy gasped. "Are you sure?" she snapped. "Are you sure that's her name?" The man looked up in surprise. "Of course I'm sure," he said. "Why? Do you know her?"
Maddy was panting. "You...your...your daughter I mean. She's...she's me. I'm Maddy Smith."
The man shot up, that look of surprise on his face once more. "You're Maddy? My Maddy?"
Maddy gulped. "Your description fits me," she said. "But please," she continued, "why should I believe you?"
The man's smile was happy. "Do you know your father's name?" Maddy snorted. "Of course!"
The man's smile grew. "Is his name Bryan, by any chance?"
Maddy began to cry. "No," she whimpered. "This is some kind of joke! It has to be!"
The man sprinted over to where Maddy had crumpled. He held her in his arms. "It's okay," he whispered, "everything's gonna be okay."

5 years later

Maddy and her father, Bryan, had gone for a walk. "It's funny" Maddy said. "5 years ago, I didn't know you were alive."
Bryan smiled. "That doesn't matter anymore," he said. "I'm never going to leave you again. We'll be together 'till the end of time."
Maddy smiled and they walked over a hill and out of sight.

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!