Never To Be Love


‘It’s too tight’, moaned Elizabeth breathlessly. ‘I can’t breathe’.
‘Sorry dear, but your wedding must be perfect’, muttered Gertrude loosening the lace of the dress on the princess.
‘I don’t love George though! He’s a cruel selfish person! Get out now leave me alone, I can do it myself!’ Shouted Elizabeth to Gertrude.
‘Yes of course, your majesty,’ slowly, she turned to the door.
The door closed with a gentle click and Gertrude hurried away. Tears ran down the princesses face dripping onto her lovely white wedding gown.
A few minutes later her hands had been pulled away from her wet red eyes and she was staring at a gloomy shadow out her window in the darkness of the magical forest.
Her voice stuttered a calming name, ‘A Arthur?’

The dark figure stepped into the light and smiled. She ran to the window. It gently opened with a pull of the golden handle.
‘Arthur,’ she called again.
Elizabeth slipped of her diamond slippers and carefully climbed out the window ripping her dress as she did so. She was heading towards the mysterious handsome man.
‘What are you doing here?’ She wheeped.
‘I can’t answer that but you’re late for your wedding’, whispered the man as the princess stumbled forward.
‘No I don’t want to get married. I-I love you’.
He strode forward towards the beautiful woman.
His face was clearer now. The eyes of the man gleamed a bright green and his blond hair drooped over his face.
He looked calm but at the same time sad. His clothes were black and ripped making him seen even more mysterious.
‘Elizabeth listen to me. He is your love now you must accept your future,’ his voice was husky and ripped.
‘No I can’t leave you. Take me with you into the forest and we can be together and live in peace,’ Elizabeth grabbed Arthur’s hands she pulled him close towards her.
He leaned forward and gave her a soft kiss on the lips.
All of a sudden a high voice called out coming towards the lovely couple.
‘Elizabeth. Oh Elizabeth,’ they both turned to see a lady calling the princesses name. Gertrude. She trotted over to Elizabeth and grabbed her away from Arthur.
She started screaming calling for his name pulling and shoving Gertrude.
‘Elizabeth you must go. Good bye my darling.’ Arthur turned and walked away looking back at her with his charming eyes.
Still screaming his name Elizabeth was in her bedroom wiping tears from her eyes.
‘Come dear you must go,’ Gertrude slipped her hand on the young womans and started for the door.

Walking down the aisle in her ripped dress Elizabeth drooped her head. She paused and looked up. George stared back. She looked back down and the priest began to talk. A minute later Elizabeth heard, ‘you may now, kiss the bride.’
Tears began again. And in the corner of her eye she thought she saw her never to be love.











FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!