Mad World

The world was crazy to Lilli, people coming towards her carrying briefcases one second to the next, always wearing her little red dress she, Lilli was frightened like a mouse being chased by a cat.
Every morning was the same, it was like that day had been repeated or so she thought...
Even though she tried to talk to the people carrying briefcases they would just ignore her and nudge everyone else that got in their way.
All Lilli ever wanted was a friend to talk and play with. Even if it was one of those scary people carrying briefcases, she wouldn’t care.
Every day was the same nothing would ever change. Until one morning she was walking casually on the street like any other day of her life, when she finds something strange, something unfamiliar, something dressed in clothes just like Lilli’s but not the same. Also frightened like Lilli, she approached the peculiar thing.
Then, she tapped the strange thing on the back and said “Hello.” The strange thing turned around and replied to Lilli, “Hello.”
“Why are you just like me?” She asked the little boy.
Then the little boy asked Lilli “what is your name? Mine is Thomas.”
“Thomas Franklin,” he told her in a click of a waiter’s finger.
“I’m Lilli, Lilli Pilli.” replied Lilli with a smile, hoping he would want to be friends her.
Then she said “Will you be friends with me.” Holding her breathe and crossing her fingers.
All of a sudden he, Thomas Franklin responded “Yes I would love to be your friend!” in a hyperactive voice.
Every day after that they meet in their secret hiding spot and chat and laugh until they have nothing else to say, then at the end of the day they go to a candy shop and buy some candy. And they go to the little shop on the corner of the old fashioned street and get a balloon each. As the sunset was ruling the sky Lilli and Thomas walked home together with their bright red balloons tied to their little wrists.
“Lilli, darling time to get up and get ready for a new week.” Her mum whispered into her ear.
Sometimes Lilli thinks of Thomas and how her dreams can feel real.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!