I Am The Wonder Horse

I am the Wonder Horse!
“Racers, gather around at the starting line!” I nearly jump at the sound of whatever that noise was. I am at the start of what I always do; racing. I feel something pushing me down. That doesn’t surprise me seeing that I always have something weighing me down – and it gets heavier every time, but this time it is much heavier than before. There are people standing up, screeching and yelling – I just hate it when that happens there are HORRIBLE noises ringing in my ears. But the pain always slows down when I start running. I believe they call this race ‘the race that stops the nation.’
My rider doesn’t have to whip me to tell me to go – I run, run, run as fast as I can; I am falling behind the other racers. Oh please let this race be over so I can get lots of love from Tommy; roll in the sand and get lots of treats. As my rider pushes me closer to the finish line my heart starts to hurt – why is my heart hurting me? I want my Tommy. Where is my Tommy? My heart beats faster and faster as I near the finish line. I have to finish this race so that I can finally get the love from my best friend Tommy. I miss my Tommy. I have feelings too! I have to! I’ve got to please Tommy; I have to come first!
I can’t do it; I can’t do it, my heart feels like it is beating out of my chest and I don’t know where Tommy is! Where is my best friend Tommy? He is the only one who calls me Bobby – I like being called Bobby; I prefer that much more than Phar Lap.
“Phar Lap seems to fail to win his 2nd Melbourne cup!” A voice yells. Oh please, oh please, oh please would people stop crowding around me?! I’m kind of shy; I do like people clapping and cheering for me, but there are not as many people cheering today.
“Tune in for our next race!” WOULD THAT VOICE PLEASE STOP?!! I keep on jumping to the noise of it!
“You did great Bobby Boy!” Tommy exclaims, as he hands me some snacks. Oh yummy –fresh oats and an apple! Thank you Tommy! You’re the best! “Come on Bobby, let’s go to sleep now!” Tommy exclaims. I like racing because I feel free, but I also like when the race has ended because of the promise of attention. I wake up to the sun shining through my stable as Tommy comes and feeds me breakfast. Then Tommy and I go out riding together – Tommy and I have so much fun together; I love him lots, we are the best of friends and our friendship is something so strong that it cannot be broken! It will stay that way for as long as I live. I am sure of it!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!