Tale

There was only one time I've ever been in the rain.
I stayed in it and I loved the feeling. 'What is family?' I would ask myself. 'What is school? What is friends? What is a home? What is this thing they call love? Is it just an illusion?' I would completely drown myself in useless questions while curled up and my head in my knees. Without a purpose. A pathetic, useless lump of trash. The rain felt so good on my back. It hurt like bullets. Nothing new, of course.
I glanced at my wrist and finally stood up. I staggered through the pouring rain, being careful not to slip. God, how I wanted to die. But for the first time, I was free. Free to do anything I want. But I don’t know what I want to do. I passed by a closed second hand book store. I looked inside and saw some in the boxes on the ground. They were old and worn and waiting to be owned by someone. I smirked for a split second. The one’s that everyone wants are put up on the shelf and the discarded one’s get stored away. Kind of like me, I guess.
I kept on walking through the lonely street, occasionally glancing behind me to see if anyone was still there. No one. No one is ever there.
Where am I right now? I didn't care. No one cares. As long as I got out of that hell-hole of a place I somehow called home. I rested my chin my knees. I looked straight ahead and saw a set of five or so steps. At the top, a door. I sniffed and smelled garbage next to me. Making sure to not to sit on a dead rat, I shuffled over on the cold, wet concrete and leaned on the wall. I looked up at the grey and unforgiving sky and thought one last thing to myself.
Am I sad?
The door opened. I lowered my head and my eyes widened.
I guess not.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!