Lilly The Champion

Hello my name is Lilly the pony and I live in a barn on Osborn lane. Tomorrow is the great horse race and I’m very excited to watch my brother Lightning compete in the race. He will be entering in the galloping race and the leaping race. At the moment he is practising in the paddock behind us with our master Mr. Dave and his daughter Molly. Mr. Dave has raised lightning and I since our mother died six years ago.
The day passed and it was time for bed. I asked Lightning if he is nervous about the race tomorrow he said “not in a million years” in a deep voice. I giggled. We fell asleep quite quickly. Morning finally arrived and it was three hours till the race. I had to wake lightning up I was surprised I had to do that because I thought he would be waking me up instead. He responded with “I don’t want to go, I don't feel too good.” I ran outside and came across Mr. Dave in a suit ready to get Lightning. I tried to tell him that Lightning doesn’t want to go, but obviously it only sounded like “neigh” to him.

Mr. Dave entered the stable to check on Lightning and he didn’t get up and made a painful moan. “My we need to take you to the vet’’, Said Mr. Dave. So Mr. Dave put Lightning in the float and drove him to the Local Vet. The vet said “I’ve got a diagnosis, he has eaten a Salvation Jane plant so he will need to stay overnight on antibiotics. Mr.Dave left looking very upset and worried; he arrived home and started to cry. Then the phone rang it was the judge of the race Mr.Dave told him about Lightning he said what about Lilly? Mr.Dave went and got me and put me in the float. I was very nervous but i knew I could do it. Mr.Dave and I arrived at the show and before I knew it, it was race time. First up was the steeple race I was so nervous the race started and I ran and jumped so high.
The other competitors were very good. I didn’t think I would have a chance. The race ended and I came 2nd. I was very proud of myself. I had a rest but in no time it was the start of the next race. It started quickly, I ran so fast I could not see my legs moving. The race ended and I came 3rd. “Wow” said Mr. Dave “You’re good.” “Neigh”, I said in reply. “Guess what we won 30 000 dollars for our farm, thank you very much.” I got home and told lightning about it he was very proud of me.
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!