Alex Does His First Jump

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

Today Alex the spider was learning how to jump from his teacher, Mr Nutt. But, he couldn’t bend his legs to jump. No one knew why! So, he had to sit out and watch the other spiders all leaping about happily. Then, he had an idea. “Maybe one of my legs is broken,” he thought.
When he went home, he said to his mother, “I think that one of my legs is broken. Can we go and check it out with Dr Butt?” Dr Butt said, “You have a condition, but there is a way to fix it. You simply have to believe in yourself!”
Alex did believe in himself and it worked! The very next day at Spider School he showed his friend, Jake the Peacock Spider, how he could jump. “Watch me! Look at me!” He cried as he leaped into he air confidently.
Alex was happy. Now he could play Jump up the Wall. All his friends could only jump half way up the wall, but Alex could jump all the way!!
The very next day, he made a new friend called Fred the Wolf Spider. Fred actually lived right next door to Alex. Alex was happy, so happy in fact, that he went to Fred’s house every day and they played jumping games all day long!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!