DANGEROUS DREAMS

the smell changed as I got closer, stronger, and more...magical.

it all started when I received a letter from my great uncle Paul's lawyer saying that I had inherited her big, fancy (ABANDONED) theatre on 23rd street, Manhattan. the next day I received a letter, this time with a key for the theatre itself. I decided that the weekend coming I would go and see what I could do with the place.

the weekend rolled around and I drove myself to the abandoned theatre. whilst on my way it started to rain, thunder clapped in the sky. I parked just outside the front doors and ran inside to avoid getting wet. I closed the front doors and switched on the lights. the room was cold and dusty, it had an eerie feel about it, but I only thought it was because it was un-used. I walked around for a while hoping to find something useful to clean up with. I finally came across a janitors closet. I opened the door and found some mops, brooms, buckets and cleaning chemicals inside. I pulled out the broom and walked onto the stage.

I started sweeping the stage because it was full of dust, dirt and old footprints. once I had finished sweeping I drew back the stage curtains. sheets of dust fell down and I went into a coughing fit. after I had stopped coughing I walked around the side of the curtains and found the props and costume department. just at that moment a memory flowed into my mind. I remembered playing down here amongst the costumes as a little girl, hiding from great uncle Paul. the memory was gone just as soon as it came. I used the key to open the door, it swung open with a very loud creaking sound. I switched on the light which illuminated the room and the staircase leading down to it.

I carefully gripped the banister and slowly made my way downstairs. I had only reached the fifth step when I smelt something sweet, like freshly picked strawberries, I started walking further down when the smell got stronger, and more...magical.

slowly I made my way through the costumes and props and came across a small wooden box, stuffed in the back corner. I cautiously made my way toward it. I reached for it when it started to glow. I pulled off the lid and inside was ... DREAMS! all the dreams I had never dreamt as a small child were inside this box. I bent down to have a look when they all rushed towards me. I screamed. they filled my head with danger and excitement

that was the end. I had drifted off with my dreams and never returned.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!