Neighbourhood Fears

This story was about if you were out walking at night the soldiers would get you and take you, nobody knew where they took you and no one wanted to find out. They all believe it’s true because in the past year ten people have been missing they would just disappear nobody would have seen them again.

the story starts with a young nurse her name was Mackenzie its mid-July and she has just finished her training she got assigned the job at rosewood hospital. She has just finished unpacking and setting up her house she thought she would take a look at the town and go out for dinner so she got in her car and drove to the main street she got out of her car and started to walk and look around for a pub.
As she walks down the dark dim street not a person in sight she turned around to see if someone was following her but she didn’t see anything just as she looked forward there was a man standing in front of her. He had a long brown coat and his hair was white and short he had freshly shaved beard, he had church shoes on they looked a little bit worn out and had a cracked voice. Mackenzie screamed with fear in her voice.
“Sorry if I scared you mam” said the old man.
“Oh, no it’s ok “said Mackenzie.
“I was just on my way to the pub” said the man.
“Oh so was I could you show me the way” Mackenzie asked.
“Yea it’s just there right behind you” the man said.
“Oh thank you” replied Mackenzie
So she walked into the pub and got a table she sat down.
“I didn’t catch your name, I am guessing your new to the town” said the man.
“Oh I am Mackenzie and yes I am new I just started work at the hospital” said Mackenzie.
“I am… I am who am I” said the man.
The man sat in the chair kept talking to himself, then out of nowhere a little girl came over to the table.
“grandpa I told you to stay near me, sorry about my grandpa he is a bit too old and forgets things, could you walk me to my house its just down the street and my grandpa is meant to be watching me ” said the little girl.
“It’s ok and sure” said Mackenzie.
So they walked down the street to the house when they got there Mackenzie went inside to help the girl. The girl put the man on the lounge. They got to her grandpas room and the little girl pushed Mackenzie on the bed her face turned grey.
“YOU SHOULDN’T HAVE WALKED THE STREET AT NIGHT” said the girl in a deep voice.
Mackenzie screamed as the girl took her soul. Nobody knew what happened to Mackenzie and that was the last time her friends and mum heard her.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!