Victim

I'm just a normal teenager; I'm your typical 18 year old girl the Uni student, living with my parents even working part time. Its 4pm on a Saturday afternoon, my shift at work is done and I'm heading home to get ready for a night out with a couple friends like usual. Its 6.00pm, I’m ready to go out I've got my new dress and my favourite high heels. 9.30pm I'm in the city, me and my friends are lining up to get in this new club it takes about forty five minutes to get in we don’t mind the wait. 11.38pm, I'm having a great time dancing, and drinks all make for a fantastic night. My friends went to buy us more drinks, I'm dancing alone until someone approaches me from behind, touching my back and eventually my legs, I didn't recognize their touch; it was dominant and forceful. I turned to see a face, he looked scary, shady and drunk. He was getting closer to me, walking away was not an option his tattooed arms pulling me towards him it was hard to escape his grip. He’s asking me to go to the bathroom with him I keep declining he’s not taking no for an answer. His breath stinks of beer and cigarettes. I cry for help, he tries kissing my face and neck that’s when someone call’s the bouncers to escort the guy out the club.

My friends return from the bar I didn’t bother telling them about the guy I didn’t want to ruin the vibe. It’s around 12.00pm we finish our last drinks and leave. My friends caught a cab to another club but I decided to head home, so I walked to the train station which was about twenty or so minutes away from the club.

Its cold outside and dark there are hardly any street lights on. The street is quiet and empty. I see something in the distance it’s a flame. As I get closer a face is revealed; the man from club. He looks up I can see the flame in his eyes they are dark and set on me. The man runs towards me I try running away, my shoes were not on my side. He grabs me around the waist and drags me away into somewhere dark, what happened will be something I may never be able to fully talk about.

I’m no longer a normal teenage girl. I’m an eighteen year old who screams every time I close my eyes I see his face I will never forget it, I’m the girl who can’t get out of bed, who I’m now failing all my uni subjects. I’ve heard people say it was my fault, that I was asking for it, people saying my dress was too short or that I revealed too much of my body. I live in fear now, leaving the house is something I cannot do I’m terrified all the time.
I’m a victim

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!