A Story Of Imagination

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

I walk this path of inspiration, motivation. Yet where does it end? It’s my imagination. The moss underfoot is cold on my bare feet. So, so cold. Sunlight has not touched it yet, but it’s so, so soft and delicate. Roots grow strong underneath. Nature’s own connection. Listening closely, I can almost feel the energy that flows within, it hum’s a low buzz up into my shoeless feet. Looking up, the wind sways the tree tops, sending a calming “whoosh” through the world, barely noticeable but always there, if you are willing to listen. Looking around, the forest is lush, a vibrant green surrounding me. Blooming flowers hide away in the under brush, hidden from the blind, self-centred eyes of the world. The eyes not willing to see and accept the world for what it is, shared. Shared not only with other races, but with nature, silently screaming beauty and clarity. Looking ahead, sunlight pours through a gap in the trees. Beyond, Birds, merrily chirping of a fine day, fly through the sky, soaring on the wind currents. The sky, a soft blue sphere encircling the world, nothing except clouds, drifting and ever changing within. I am glad for nature’s roots, holding me to this path of inspiration, motivation. They keep me from drifting off with the clouds. But, oh, how lovely would that be? To drift, forget. See the world from an ever changing view. Beautiful eyes of an intense blue look down upon me. Gentle fingers, radiating warmth, interlace mine. Rooting me to the world even more. For a path as beautiful as this is not meant to be travelled alone. My imagination is mine alone, but never am I alone in it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!