Kid Werewolf

Alex was walking down the road to school. His full name was Alex Barton a 9 year old boy who liked skate boarding. He was filled with excitement as tomorrow was his birthday. That day just came and went as usual. The next day, he bounced out of bed with joy and glory. He was dying to open the presents under the vase. But he had to wait for the birthday. Suddenly, the lights switched off. Alex was beginning to wonder whether it was Halloween or his birthday. Then again, the lights switched on followed by a loud shout of, "Happy Birthday!" Alex sighed with relief. This was going to be an awesome birthday.
Alex was playing and talking with his friends while the grown - ups chatted. They started playing hide - and - seek. As he was hiding from the seeker downstairs at the start of the staircase, he felt a strange sick feeling. "This is no time to get sick", he thought. All at once, hair started sprouting out of his body and his face was engulfed with black fur. "Fur," he thought, "this must be really bad". He quickly ran out of the house, and, just as he did, the fur shortened to give space for his eyes to see. Alex nearly danced with joy, but just as he was about to walk back to the house he noticed something in the moonlight - a snout. It was the kind you would find on a wolf. Alex paused. He knew what was coming next. He looked down at his hands – but they weren’t hands any more. They were paws! Each one had three razor sharp claws, coloured black. He suddenly felt something furry brush against his back. Even though he was covered in an ocean of fur, his senses had increased amazingly. He looked behind his back. There, he saw a big, jet – black, bushy tail. Then, he heard footsteps of people. He realized that if they saw him, they would be horrified. Just as he tried to escape, the door was opened, followed by a deafening scream. There was an ocean of footsteps around him as everyone tried to escape. He ran away from his house and jumped over a river. His flexibility had improved immensely. He ran towards the beach and stopped. Then, he howled into the night. He heard more voices screaming, "Aaah, the wolf is coming."
Alex decided to test his new abilities. He saw a bat flying overhead lazily, and decided to test the powers of his claws on that bat. Alex looked down at his paws, and realized that his claws had retracted back into his paws as he was running earlier. He extended them out and quickly jumped and, with a single nip of his claws, the bat was dead. Then the Sun had started to rise, and he was back to his human form. "This is just the beginning", he thought.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!