WAR FIELD

WAR FIELD

BOOM!! A massive cloud of smoke rose up covering the entire field, with my vision blurred and a defining ring in my ears I dropped to my knees holding my head, I couldn’t hear a thing but the extremely piercing sound in my head. I slowly stood up and started to climb the ladder up the wall of the trench and peered over the field. By now the smoke had started to clear, just enough so that I could now just make out figures and silhouettes of bodies scattered everywhere, killed in the explosion. I saw a man running toward me, although I thought he was looking at me, it seemed almost like he was looking straight through me. Suddenly he stopped, looking around, I climbed up the ladder a little bit more. The man seemed anxious just fidgeting but still looking around, I could vaguely see something in his hand, he gripped it tight, then he took two steps backwards and threw whatever it was he had in his hand, then suddenly turned and sprinted as fast as he can. And then I realized what it was, “Oh shit”, I said to myself. But it was too late! BOOM!! Before I could move the wave and smoke from the grenade blew me off the ladder and I fell to the bottom of the trench. My helmet had been blown off and my foot was wedged in the ladder falling back and hitting my head on the way down. I felt something land on me, I couldn’t move or see anything, the smoke had burnt my eyes so bad it felt like they were bleeding. I tried to lift my arm but it wouldn’t move. I lay there screaming, the pain worse than I had ever been in before, then I heard something creak as if something was falling. Bang! And then everything went black.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!