Danger In The Ocean



“Whoosh”, went the sea. Jemma and her mum Susan had arrived on luxurious Hawaii. The stunning sun was beaming like the smile on Jemma's face.

Jemma woke up bright and early like a rooster. She quickly sprinted into her mum's room and asked if they could go snorkeling. Susan replied, "of course dear I shall get my bathers on and we will go and book in for 9am."

Finally it was time. Jemma jumped into the water and put her snorkel on. The reef was jaw dropping. In the corner was a stingray and his eyes were looking directly at Jemma. She knew that it wasn't an ordinary stingray like the rest of them. At first she was shaking like a leaf but she had a sudden instinct that made her want to touch it. So she did. They played for hours and hours gliding swiftly across the reef.

Jemma woke up the next morning feeling like she was being drawn to the ocean. She jumped out of bed and darted to the beach. Jemma still had her pj's on but nothing was stopping her from going in the icy cold water. In she went and soon found her friend. He took Jemma to places she had never been or seen before. He was her tour guide and was showing her his home. All his fishy friends were gliding over the beautiful coral. He looked proud showing Jemma his home.

SPLASH !!!! went the fishing net as it went into the water. Jemma was frolicking near where the fishing net was put into the water. The stingray was dangerously close to being caught in the net. Jemma watched as her new friend swam closer and closer to the net. It was too late, he was caught in the net.

Meanwhile the fishermen on the dock were jumping up and down with excitement. One fisherman started to hoist it out of the water. Jemma suddenly jumped out of the water like a fish and yelled at the fishermen. "Drop the net you fools. He is my friend and you have no respect for creatures of the ocean. Now let it go and don't come back." The fishermen grinned at each other and replied at once "Why would we? We've been wanting to catch a stingray for months!" Jemma replied back "You heartless monsters! How would you like to be taken away from your home?" The fisherman just ignored her and laughed. Jemma was heartbroken that anyone could want to kill a innocent creature like a stingray.

While Jemma was looking out to sea the fishermen were packing up their gear. They put the stingray in a tub of water and then walked off. When Jemma turned around they were hopping into the car. A stream of tears ran down her face. The car's engine started up and zoomed away into the distance. Jemma knew it was the last time she would see her new friend again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!