Fading

It's fading... everything... fading and all the voices in my head are echoing. Screams of frightened people have started. I blacked out. Nothing but blackness.

I'm clueless I don't know what has happened. I try to sit up I can't, it's my back, and also I am all alone in a big white room, I feel like I am chained to the ground in prison. It is terrible. Then mum burst in crying and muttering "you...wheelchair...f-for...2...months!"
The doctor explains everything calmly. I start sobbing and look away I can't bare anymore. But, I decide to not feel sorry for myself, because at least I am alive. I am as lucky as a four leaf clover!
Later, I wheeled outside at night then a rock started breathing up and down went its chest and the air blew in my face I felt happy for that moment so I wheeled inside and waited for two months to be up.
Two months later, I was in rehab I was as slow as a snail and it wasn't exactly a walk in a park at all. That night I went into my room in hospital. I saw the doctor and mum talking, tears running down mums face scared me, I think bad news is coming my way. "Can I tell her?" cried mum "of course" said doctor, "you can come home tonight" "what" I exclaimed, "yes, I know I am excited too" said mum with joy, "thank you" I said! I thought to myself now I am a machine that can not be knocked down.

It's fading everything is fading except this time I am in my own bed falling asleep.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!