Tale Of Three

There once were three girls. They weren't sisters, but they were close. The eldest could bring joy to all; the second could talk to animals. The youngest was different. The other two helped the world, while the youngest was locked away. "Come! Come!" The other two would say. The youngest shook her head sadly. The eldest had light brown hair with blonde highlights and brown eyes. The second had curly brown hair and red ting in her dark brown eyes. The youngest had brunette hair and hazel eyes, her eyes had a yellowish-green ting. People said "This is a bad omen" when they saw her. Emmer-lee, the eldest, and Darcy, the second eldest, tried in all their power to try and let the youngest, Maleficent-Arya, join in. Maleficent-Arya was an Elven-Faerie. And THAT was why no one insisted Maleficent-Arya's company. Unfortunately, her job was to heal plants and make them grow. She wasn't locked in Forbidden Mountains or Fortresses. No. She locked herself in their home, the Kingdom of the Moors. Her entire tree was surrounded by a fierce wall of thorns. "Come, Maleficent-Arya! Come!" Shouted Emmer-lee, one day. Her white wings opened, as she flew up to see Maleficent-Arya. "No, Emmer-lee." She shook her head, her two horns swaying. "Go and bring joy." Emmer-lee dipped her haloed head and flew off. Next, Darcy came. "Maleficent-Arya! The trees are dying!" She pleaded. "Come and heal them!" The thorns parted as Maleficent-Arya came to Darcy. "Go and look after and talk to the animals." Darcy shook her head. "Not without you!" Darcy declared. Maleficent-Arya laughed, her laugh as clear as the waters surrounding them. "What is so funny?" Asked Emmer-lee, flying closer. "Oh, I am such a fool!" Maleficent-Arya said, drowning her laugher. "The world needs each of us, as we look after it." And, with that Maleficent-Arya departed, to repair what was lost. And, that was their tale. They are still out there, healing, bringing joy and everything nice.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!