Bad Bull

Bad
Bull




I was doing my daily farm work, when I looked out upon the empty plain. I wished I didn’t see what I saw, my great Angus bull was gone. I discovered that the back gate was left open. The really bad thing is I live in town and he’s not friendly at all, so I had to find him fast before someone got hurt or worse died. This was all because my dimwit little brother left the gate open and I knew that if I don’t find him the police would. That would be really really bad because the Chief hates cattle and me.

I searched for clues for where my great Angus could have gone. It wasn’t that hard really, as I saw that he had chewed Miss Buttle Bum’s garden like a lawn mower. All of her flowers had ben eaten and half of the vegie patch. I also saw that Mr Kennedy’s fence looked like it had been run over by a truck.

After searching for half an hour, I finally found him in the middle of town not far from the police station, so I needed to act fast before the police came and killed him. I quickly put the halter on him and ran as fast as I could with him behind me charging at me. I managed to put him in his paddock before the police came.
They asked me questions about how people had been mentioning my bull being in the middle of town. I just said “I don’t know about a bull being in the middle of town, he’s been right there in the paddock all day”

I gave him a big belting the next day and helped Mrs Buttle Bum plant more flowers. I also helped Mr Kennedy put up a stronger fence but I wasn’t happy because I copped a three month grounding from my parents, but my brother got six.



By Lachlan Montgomery

Age 14

Born 2000

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!