Nearly Out

Nearly out

I’m cold, chains are sinking into my neck. I’m having a hard time surviving. My heart is racing with fear. I’ve got to get out of this prison. I can hear the guards whispering in the shadows talking about how they’re going to kill me. I’m in here for taking an old book from a school near the street we live on. I’ve been planning to get out of here for months and I finally know how.

So here is what I’m going to do, just because the key is close to my cell it will be easier to get it. I try to reach it with my hand but my hand is just too short. I have to be careful or I’ll get caught. I tried with a pole. I have almost got it BUT I hear the guards' loud stomping feet and their hard, black shoes in the distance.

Yes I got caught but the guard did't say anything, all he did was take me into a dark room with nothing in it. Then he said I’m going to stay there for a bit and after that he's going to keep me in prison for a very long time.







FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!