A Classic Passion

Everything dipped in chrome. The paint, the colour of speed.
With an interior made of the finest cow and the trim, the finest wood.
The steering wheel, that which controls the beast, the shape of the letter Y.
The gear stick. The lever that lets me complete the speedometer
And pushes the needle on the rev counter to the red line.
The stereo blasting, never loud enough.
Three pedals on the floor, the middle one not needed.
Window down, so I can hear the mighty beast roar.
That 8 cylinder piece of cast iron which propels my wheels forward
And makes them kick up dust and smoke.
On the long stretch to meet my maker.
With the sun on my back and the power under my heels.
On this lonely road, the place where me and my beast belong.
I realize I have now ran my tank dry. I am now running on fumes as I always do.
Because this passion of mine is always hungry... even when it is full.
This is passion which only few understand.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!