Dark Diamond

Dark Diamond huddled around the fire with her mum and dad inside the cold, dark cave. "Do you want me to get some more wood?" she asked her parents.
"Yeah sure," they replied.
"When Dark Diamond was gone her parents heard a familiar spooky sound in the cave. “It’s Black Hole," they whispered in fright.
When Dark Diamond had returned she could see that all of their belongings were packed.
"What is going on?" she asked as she put down the wood.
"We need to get out of here, it's dangerous. We will explain later."
As they ran out of the cave the wind grew colder and the sky was getting dark. Dark Diamond was feeling afraid until she saw the bush her dad used to take her to when she was little. As they hurried into the bush Dark Diamond yelled "Stop! Tell me why we left!"
Her parents said "Your necklace has a power that doesn't belong to you. It belongs to Black Hole and that is why he is after us."
"Why don't I just give the necklace back?"
"No, he will use it for evil magic!"
Suddenly Black Hole appeared. He cast a spell beneath Dark Diamond’s parents, it was a big black hole and they were sucked inside. “You will never stop me! Ha ha ha,” he laughed.
Dark Diamond fell to the ground because the black hole was so strong. The wind was blowing towards the hole; leaves and dirt were being sucked in. Her hair was whipping around. “If only I had a sword,” she thought. Her necklace began to glow. A sword appeared in her hand. Dark Diamond was surprised but she knew she could fight now.
She jumped and the wind caught her. She flew at him, swinging her sword side to side. He was too fast. He dodged and went behind her back. He cut her, but she was brave. She planted her feet and cut him back. “I will never stop trying!” she yelled. “Bring my parents back, or you will die!”
Dark Diamond threw her sword and it missed! Black Hole laughed. “You are weak! You will never get your parents back!” Just then, the wind caught her sword and it blew back into his back as quick as an arrow. “Maybe I’m weak, but I’m smarter than you,” she told him as he died.
Suddenly the black hole exploded, knocking Dark Diamond to the ground. When the smoke cleared, her parents were back. Her dad said, “Now you are ready. Your training can begin” and they all went home

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!