A Camp In The Forest

A CAMP IN THE FOREST

Hi, my name is Sarah and I hate the outdoors, but last week I had to go with my dad to a camp in the forest. It all started when it was early in the morning and my dad and I were getting ready to go. I was still packing my bag. I brought with me my iPod, a bar of chocolate, a banana, my hat, my binoculars and my tent.

After saying goodbye to my mum, dad and I set off to the forest. When we got there we put up our tents. In my opinion it was tiring. Straight after I was starving, I peeled my banana and scoffed it down in one go. As we started to walk, the grass made me itchy all over my legs. The bright green leaves rattled in the tallest trees I have ever seen before. Then we found lions in the long pointy green grass and suddenly they started to chase us. I found a bush and I hid behind it so they wouldn’t see me.

Then a girl and her dad came over to help us. Whilst her dad went to calm down the lions, the girl came up to the bush that I was hiding behind. “Hi my name is Ruby, what’s your name?” she asked. “Hi may name is Sarah”, I answered shyly. “Do you want to have lunch with us?” she asked. “Okay” I answered.

At lunch time, Ruby and I enjoyed our sandwiches. After lunch, we played with each other until it was night time. Ruby and I slept in the same tent. In the morning, we woke up and I realised we had to go. Sadly, I said goodbye to Ruby. Dad and I made our way back home.

I’ve changed my mind. I love the outdoors!


____________________________________________

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!