Why Deers Leap

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

Long long ago in a time before time began there was a deer that lived in the desert under a big shady tree.
One day in the desert the little deer wanted to see her friends. She hopped out from under her shady tree and onto the desert floor. When the little deer started to cross the desert it became hotter and hotter, so hot that she started to leap, leap like she had never done before. She finally reached her friends and warned them that if the wanted to go out from under their trees they must leap because it is burning hot on their hooves. All the other deer’s believed the little deer and watched as she leaped all the way back to her shady tree.
So the next time you see a deer you will now know why deer’s leap everywhere they go.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!