Why Frogs Are Green

Excellence Award in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

Long ago there was a family of normal white frogs. They lived in the tallest tree in the forest. To the back of the tree there was a shallow, blue pond with vibrant green lily pads.
In the tree the family of frogs were having a discussion about the lily pads in the pond. They told the little frog that if you eat the lily pad you will turn green, so whatever you do "DON'T EAT THE LILI PADS".
The next day the little frog went out to play at the pond. Just then he remembered what his parents said. "Don't eat the lily pads". That little thought made him so tempted to try one that he gobbled up the lily pad in one go.
BAM! With a blink of an eye the little white frog was transformed into a little green frog.
So as the frog species bread over the next few generations the frogs started to grow up with green skin, all because of one little white frog who let temptation get the better of him.
So next time you see a beautiful green frog remember this tale of one little white frog that changed the whole species forever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!