Sam And The Magical Treasure

Sam was such a fool. He should have never traded his favourite dog Abelard for a sack of potatoes. His family was too poor to buy the food and desperation resulted in them having to sell Abelard, to put food on the table.

When he arrived home, Sam noticed that two of the potatoes were rotten and he threw them out the window. He had never noticed a tiny plant rising from the potatoes. The next morning when Sam woke up, he was astounded at the sight which greeted his eyes. When he looked outside the window, he saw the plant rising high into the clouds. He gasped and pinched himself which caused him to yelp in anguish. The plant was enormous. The potatoes were truly magical!

Sam wanted anxious and eager to climb the plant. He put on his shoes, rushed outside and began climbing. He knew it was a perilous journey and would be fatal if he fell, but he continued unimpeded anyway using the vines to anchor him up the plant.

When Sam reached the top of the plant, he saw a massive island of clouds. At a distance, he saw four cabins with symbols of the Greek gods engraved on the door. The symbols represented Zeus, Aries, Hades, and Poseidon. Four podiums rose from the clouds and each had a key with one of the same symbols. He whizzed all the keys from the podium and opened the doors with the corresponding matching key.

Inside the cabins with the symbol of Aries and Hades, Sam found sacks of gold. Sam threw them down the plant. Inside the cabin with the symbol of Poseidon, there was a paper bag with magical items. Inside the cabin with the symbol of Zeus, Sam found a coin which turned into a sword made of celestial bronze when flipped. He reverted it back to the form of a coin and placed the coin back where he found it.

When Sam turned around to leave, he saw a gigantic, bronze robotic, fire breathing dragon. It has oil drooling from its mouth. Sam was trembling with trepidation. He slowly backed away few steps. He quickly grabbed the coin along with the paper bag of magical item and made a break for it.

He climbed down the plant like a wild monkey with the dragon chasing him on his tail. He reached the bottom and hurled the sword at the dragon's head. As the sword made contact with the dragon's head, it disintegrated into dust.

He grabbed the loot and ran to his mother who was proud as punch and showered him with praises.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!