The Princess And The Rainbow

Finalist in the 'The Text Generation 2014' competition

Once upon a time there lived a princess named Kayla. She has always wanted to catch a rainbow. She lived in a castle with the King and Queen. The princess’s best friend was “Flamaty”, the butterfly.
One sunny day Kayla and Flamaty went deep into the forest in search of a rainbow. They went past tall trees. Suddenly they came across a tower which was next to a river.
Kayla was sad that she didn’t see a rainbow. She was hungry too. So she decided to knock on the tower door. She knocked and knocked but no one opened the door. Finally Kayla pushed the door and it creaked open. Kayla and Flamaty went inside. They searched and searched, but did not find anything to eat. Then Kayla and Flamaty climbed to the top of the tower to see and trace their direction back to the castle.
The tower was tall. By the time they went up they were tired.
Sun was shining very brightly that day. They decided to lie down and rest for a while. Suddenly it started to drizzle and there appeared a rainbow right in front of their eyes. Kayla jumped up and caught the shining rainbow. Flamaty flew right through it.
That day was Kayla’s happiest day of her life. She got to catch a rainbow.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!